Music is an artform that transcends culture and society; it brings us together. Most of the time, we think about music as another form of entertainment, however, it can be so much more. Music has the power of evoking emotions and bringing memories. For this reason, it’s often said that music is a universal language. Music can play an important role in a funeral ceremony as a way to remember the life of our lost loved one.
You’ve probably experienced how a song can make you feel strong emotions and bring back memories you thought you forgot. Listening to music is also a way to connect with our community and those around us. At a funeral service, music is kind of healing. Gospel music is commonly used for funeral services and ceremonies since it’s a genre of christian music.
Gospel funeral songs are inspiring and uplifting, giving us a chance to ask God for strength during this hard time. Below, you’ll see Funeral Caring USA’s gospel funeral songs playlist, so you can get inspired or use all the gospel songs we’ve included.
Gospel Songs to Remember Your Loved One
- Jesus Promised Me a Home Over There by Jennifer Hudson
- Amazing Grace by Soweto Gospel Choir
- Swing Low, Sweet Chariot by Eric Clapton
- Holy, Holy, Holy by Crystal Lewis
- I Can Only Imagine by MercyMe
- Abide With Me by King’s College Choir
- Trouble of the World by Mahalia Jackson
- Wholy Holy by Marvin Gaye
- What A Day That Will Be by Southern Raised
- Nearer My God To Thee by Mighty Clouds of Joy
- The Lord is My Shepherd by Mormon Tabernacle Choir
- Oh Happy Day by Edwin Hawkins Singers
- Stand by Donnie McClurkin
- My Soul is Anchored by Douglas Miller
- Still by Hillsong Worship
If you’re looking for compassionate funeral services to remember your loved one, count on Funeral Caring USA