Transcending culture and society, music brings us together and is able to express what can’t be said through words. While we usually think of music as another form of entertainment, it can bring back memories and help us evoke emotions. It’s no wonder why music is considered the universal language. At a funeral ceremony, music plays an important role as a way to remember the life of our lost loved one.
Christian music has a special way of putting words, emotion, and faith together to help the bereaved celebrate a loved one’s life and a devotion to God. No matter what you’re looking for, there are many songs that can help you commemorate a loved one. Try to choose songs that feel personal but you can also pick songs your loved one used to love.
Christian funeral songs give us the chance to ask God for strength during this hard time. Below, you’ll see Funeral Caring USA’s Christian funeral songs playlist, so you can get inspired or use all the Christian songs we’ve included in the list.
Christian Funeral Songs to Honor Your Loved One
- I Will Rise by Chris Tomlin
- Goodbye for Now by Kathy Troccoli
- Angels Among Us by Alabama
- Jealous of the Angels by Donna Taggart
- If Heaven by Andy Griggs
- If Heaven Wasn’t So Far Away by Justin Moore
- Broken Halos by Chris Stapleton
- How Great Thou Art by Alan Jackson
- Stand by Donnie McClurkin
- I Can Only Imagine by MercyMe
- Heaven Song by Phil Wickham
- Dancing With The Angels by Monk & Neagle
- Cornerstone by Hillsong Worship
- Untitled Hymn (Come to Jesus) by Chris Rice
- Lord, I Need You by Matt Maher
- All My Tears by Julie Miller
- Cry Out to Jesus by Third Day
- Friends by Michael W. Smith
- Victory in Jesus by Eugene Monroe Bartlett, Sr.
- With Hope by Steven Curtis Chapman